Monday, October 6, 2008

~WheN We wEre sTucK iN The HigHwaY~

It was an older post actually.With the Internet connection that is so slow and my schedule that was ridiculously packed lately I couldnt post this entry earlier.

I was stuck on the highway for about nine hours last night. Usually the journey from Kuantan-KL will only take about 31/2 hours (or 2++ when my bros are driving). Nine hours being immobile on the highway was quite torturing. There were too many cars either on the road or by the roadside. All the R&R along the highway was packed and all the gas station were closed as they were running out of fuel. Can you imagine how crazy and chaotic it was last nite?Initially, I was planning to skip the Monday session of my post practicum briefing but due to several reasons, i had to forget my former intention. As a result, I had to ditch abe's car together with nuyu and muabarak (oh, he asked me to call him Amad now) and had my first time experience ever of being stuck in the highway. I used to be quite closed with abe and amad when I was small but as we grow more matured (trying to avoid the word OLDer here.. hahaha) the bond i somehow become loose and finally we ended up not talking to one another at all. Of course I still chat with Nuyu for she is female though. I dont know why, perhaps because all of us has grown to be more shy and reserved? No? Back to the former issue what did we do to kill our time and boredom on the highway? Can you guess?

1. Strengthen the bond. We kept on chatting and updates about one another.
2. Reminiscence the old memories. God, they still remember how boyish and fierce I was back then. Mandi sungai, tangkap ikan or etot2*. How i burned their tee while playing the firecrackers and threw some of the crackers on the top of my tok's roof. I was reprimanded for that of course but i could not believe that abe still remembers that. Well, i did try to hide myself while they were talking about me. I swear I could feel that face was getting very hot! HAHHAA...
3. Exchanging ideas on some serious issues that concern our country.
4. Breath in the open air because we had to roll down the mirror for fear we might be the next car yang tersadai kat tepi highway. It was a cold night anyway and I for sure could endure the journey without the aircond.
5. Amad was flirting with the tol girl and asking for a discount since the highway was jammed. Highway isnt supposed to be jammed right?. Hahahah...she was cute anyway. The road was sooooo congested that we could not move further even after paying manually the tol. Same thing happened for the SMART Tag and TnG users. They can just touch the card but not going further.*smirking*
6. Enduring Amad and abe's live performance which at times could be very hilarious.
7. Examining other road users. Some even had a chat with the drivers of the the next car. Memang suasana hari raya btol. Hahaha
8. Trying hard to persuade abe, amad and nuyu that i am still single and do not have any sort of relationship with any guy. I cant understand why they couldnt believe me.
9. Menghabiskan stok2 makanan dalam kereta.
10. Play some tricks and riddles. Kadang2 tu memang ntahape2 but we laughed a lot jgk. Even abe who was driving warned us not to laugh much for fear we might want to go to the toilet.
11. Exchanging some ghost stories
12. Some tazkirah
13. Yawning over and over again.

Apart from the Genting Sempah stop, we really have no intention to pull over for a while. It was late and both abe and amad need to go for work tomorrow morning while me and nuyu attending our lectures and course. I had fun anyway. It was tiring of course but for sure the excitement worth it. So, hows your eid peeps? Pen-off.


*some sort of clams, i dont know what you call in neither in standard Malay or English..only can be found in Pulau Rusa river though i doubt the etot2 are still there. The river was badly polluted now. =(

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com