Friday, December 12, 2008

~ThEre iS...~

....a Malay saying "sediakan payung sebelum hujan" or if you translate it "Get your umbrella ready before it rains". This saying either literally or figuratively teaches us to be prepared or get ready with all our means in encountering something (that is usually a bad thing). It's a monsoon season now and it'ss pouring everyday. Living in Kuantan, you can't really do much about it. You'll be stuck at home most of the time, do all the chores which at times can be boring. You'll be sweeping the floor four times per day (since there isn't much left to do), experimenting lots and lots of recipe (i think this is one of the reasons why the east coast people have variety of delicacies), watching telly *yawning*, and even willing to smack down your younger brother and sister just in order to get the modem and have the privilege of using the Internet (we had done this before...once! me, aizat and arifah).

Fortunately, I had bought few books before I went back to Kuantan. Ive spent almost RM300 on them but they worth the price. The list of the books is as follow:

1. The Malay Dilemma (Tun Dr Mahathir)
2. A Nation Before Self and Values that Do Not Die(Tan Sri Yuen Yuet Leng)
3. Travelog Dakawah: Meniti Hari Esok (Profesor Mohd Kamil Ibrahim)
4. Rahsia Kegemilangan Islam di China
5. Tuesday With Morrie (Mitch Albom)
6. For One More Day (Mitch Albom)
7. The Last Lecture (Randy Pausch)
8. If You Could See Me Now (Cecilia Ahern)
9. Where Rainbows End (Cecilia Ahern)
10. A Place Called Here (Cecilia Ahern)

If you notice, the first seven books concern more about life, issues and religion while the last three are attuned about love. Huhuh. I dont usually read love novels but one of my closest friends suggested that I read more love novel due to my lack of experience in handling love matters. Yes, I admit, he has his point there. Though I am talkative and laugh heaps, if you put a guy there, I'll be mute...unless if the guys is also a talkative person, so I would be more comfortable. Hahaha. So, peeps, what's new in your reading list? Care to share? Pen-off.

p/s: I strongly recommend For One More Day to all. It made me realise how great is our mother's love and how bad we are in treating them at times. Give it a try peeps!

3 comments:

cheritacerithi said...

1) yang no 5 dan 6, buy 1 get 1 free ke?;))

2) yang no 8,9,10 tu - beli 3 in megasales ke?;))

well, well, well - I could get 5,6, 8,9,10 for 2GBP. eheck.

=)

~AziaTi AziZ~ said...

nope..yg 5&6 tuh buy 3 books for the price of two (the highest will be the free one) and yup..8,9,10 tuh come in package. kak amal..try cr buku2 best kt sne..hehehe. God I miss the sales in overseas!

cheritacerithi said...

cane nak cari buku kalau tak baca?;))

 
template by suckmylolly.com