Wednesday, December 10, 2008

~JusT HoW GooD is YoUr Trg VoCaB?~

Me and my sister went out yesterday to buy few stuff. Yes, Arifah loves to go out with me as she would ask me to buy her these and that (Right, Arifah? Do you wanna beg to differ now? Hahaha). Being a good sister (or trying to be a good one) I usually wouldn't mind purchasing her anything that she wanted, well...at least not until she's 17 and started asking me to buy her few expensive stuff, which I humbly admit that I myself did not own such things. But most of the time, I did buy those things for her. Talking about spoiling my youngest sister!

Anyway back to the topic, as we reached home, my dad, who happened to be a Terengganuease asked me "Gi kuane sariang?Doktong?" Well, as compared to my other siblings, I think my prowess in the Terengganu slang is the best (I used to attend a school in Terengganu for two years anyway). My mind would definitely have no problem to process the first few words..but DOKTONG? What the heck is that?

Me: "Doktong? Do they REALLY have such word, ayah? Tak pernah dengar pon"
Ayah: *Paused for a while...thinking* Guane dok pernoh dengar? I think it means gallivating"
Me: You think? Hehehehe..*trying hard not to burst out my laughter*

I think my even my dad's Terennganu's slang is deteriorating. That's why he would speak in his Terengganu slang with me every now and then...eventhough I can hardly remember all the words. They have sammah (50 cent) supik (plastic), kenge (a lembik person), kalam (pencil), etek (jugak/ too), saing (companion/ friends), kupik (stingy). How unique is that?

Well...I wont blame you if you think that Terengganu is a foreign country...coz I used to think the same before. Pen-off.

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com